1 This blog inpires me. I love the colours she uses
2 Have just finished reading this series of books. Need to request the next series.
3 Thought these a great idea for easy and fun Christmas table gifts.
Thinking of using a single pot by each plate.
4.
A favourite autumn recipe is cream of pumpkin soup. I use as a basis the recipe from Good Food 101 low fat feasts but I adapt it slightly.
ingredients
3lb pumpkin, peeled and chopped.
3 tbs olive oil
1 large onion
2 garlic cloves (I don't use)
2 tsp cumin seeds ( I use curry powder )
1 potato peeled and chopped
1 tsp dried thyme
1 1/4 pts vegetable stock
creme fraiche to serve ( I don't bother with this)
Dried- fried sage leaves, to garnish ( I don't use these either)
My DH often despairs of me as I very rarely use the exact ingredients for any recipe whereas he has to have every single item.
Method - Again I do my own method. I fry onion , pumpkin, potato in the oil for a few mins then add curry powder for a couple of minutes. I then add the stock and simmer until the pumpkin and potato are cooked. (This will depend on the size of your chunks of potato and pumpkin. )
I whizz it all up with a hand held mixer/blender whilst still in the saucepan and then that's it.
Loved it with pumpkin wholemeal rolls that I used to buy in Germany but can't find here.
5. This site is not new but one I return to again and again when I want ideas for scrapbook page titles or quotes. Love it.
It has taken me ages to sort this out but I really enjoyed doing it. Must get to grips with how to take a copy of a pic from someones blog. Is the only way to save it to your own picture gallery I wonder?


6 comments:
I really like your banner photo. I am a classmate from Blogging for Scrapbookers.
Love the sound of that pumpkin soup recipe I think I may try that
also Like the Canny crafter blog she has some really good ideas
Oh, some great inspiration here - thanks for sharing :-)
Your blog is looking good Barbara. Hope you are enjoying the class.
Loving your new blog, hope it has inspired me to get going soon!!
Love the links too!
Really like the changes to your blog Barbara, it is looking really good :)
I hope you are enjoying Shimelles class.
Karen xx
Post a Comment