Hasn't actually been boring today and I have been busy busy busy. However I did actually pick up a book from the library that I had reserved sometime ago "The time travellers wife". I have heard it is very good. Here is a review. Of course I haven't read the review - I don't want to know the story before I read the book IYSWIM.
I rarely read the blurb on the inside cover or the back of the book and if I do it will generally be the first line or 2 only. I often choose a book just on the cover alone.
When I was a child I couldn't do this because in those days all the books seemed to have the same boring brown or green covers and NO pictures. How I managed to choose a book at all I shall never know. Perhaps my mother picked them for me.
Talking of covers - at one of the libraries I worked in we had a book covered in human skin. What part of the body it came from I didn't like to enquire!
6 comments:
I read the Time Traveller's Wife ealrier this year and loved it. I did cry near the end so you may want to read the last bit in private.
I tend to choose books the same way as you, sometimes it's a win and sometimes not... :)
A book covered in human skin...that's just awful!
I usually read the blurb and the first chapter in the bookshop then if I like it I will buy it.
don't think I want to know about a book covered in human skin sounds revolting lol
TIME TRAVELLERS WIFE IS BRILLIANT, ENJOY!
The Time Traveler's wife is one of my all-time favorite books! I read it several years ago and then again for the BPS Reading Room, and yet, I've still not seen the movie. Ranks right up there with Rebecca and the Twilight Saga for me.
I thought I was the only one who chose books just by the cover! lol I have The Time Traveler's Wife...it's on my shelf waiting to be read. Trying to finish Nicholas Sparks right now (I love his novels! - and the covers are really quite nice! lol)
Post a Comment