Thursday, March 13, 2008

day73

"Beauty, truth, friendship, love, creation---these are the great values of life. We can't prove them, or explain them, yet they are the most stable things in our lives."
Jesse Herman Holmes
What are your great values in life?

One of my values is honesty. Reminded of this today when travelling around . In Switzerland you buy your bus or train ticket from a machine on the platform or at the bus stop. Nobody checks your ticket when you get on or off the train or bus. They do have insectors come round from time to time but in the 3 years I have been here I could probably count the number of times my ticket has been checked on my hands. You hardly see them catch anybody either. Everyone here just seems to buy a ticket. The penalty for not getting a ticket is 80 chf which is about £38.

Today I found DH ticket (he gets a monthly) had fallen out of his pocket and he had gone to work without realising. Fortunately no inspectors and I went and gave it to him at lunch time.



The ticket here is valid for 24 hours and I can go anywhere in zone 10 which is quite big and covers most of the city. I can use it on the tram, bus , train or boat.




Today apart from taking DH his ticket I have been to a shopping centre on the outskirts. Saw some lovely scrapping paper - decided to get it at the end so that it wouldn't get creased - and then forgot it!!!

4 comments:

Shirley said...

Great take on the prompt Barbara.
Honesty is high on my list of values too.

Mary B said...

That is amazing that you can go so far on one ticket. and such a shame you forgot the pps.

knitkath said...

Love your journalling! Wouldn't it be nice if it was the same over here too! Now you will just have to go shopping again to get that paper!

willowthewysp said...

Unfortunatley that would not work in this country! Its a shame that people have trouble with being honest!