Started all right. Then I went to Bath to see about getting a wedding outfit for my neices wedding. All the sales were on so that wasn't terribly helpful to start with as its more of an autumn wedding rather than summer. Tried on two dresses though both the same size from M and S. One I couldn't even get in to and the other absolutely swamped me. Wish they would standardize their sizing. Then with all these mirrors around you get to look at yourself naked which is not a pretty sight these days particularly as I'm not doing much exersize so everything needs toning up.
So gave up so had a sandwich in the park and read the paper and then went back to the car. Only it wasn't there. I walked right up to the top of the hill - a very long road - and back again and it still wasn't there. Not a very nice feeling.
Decided I'ld better go to the police station which was miles away. Tried to explain that I couldn't find the car - didn't know the name of the road I had parked in (which didn't help). Anyway A police woman looked on the computer just to see if anything was on there and then they went in a little huddle and when I asked if they had found it said "Oh yes - you might want to put the handbrake on next time!" It had been towed away.
To cut a long story short I had to go and find the bus station (temp one) to see what bus to catch to get to this garage where it was (then go to the coach station to find a loo - none at the temp bus stn). Then catch the bus, walk to the garage, pay 105 pounds to get the car and pick up the fixed penalty of 30 pounds.
I don't know what it hit- if anything. Doesn't appear to be any damage to the car. When I got in the handbrake was on.
I got home very late but I suppose I have to be thankful it wasn't stolen, it appears not to have injured anybody and I don't need any repairs.
No comments:
Post a Comment