Friday, June 15, 2007

Early rising

Well I did manage to get up before 8 am this morning although I still didn't wake up as soon as the radio came on. Think I was aware of it - just not acknowledging it. I have got used to sleeping through noise particularly in the mornings. Think Ive had to as T gets up so early. No way I want to know anything about 5.30 am or even 6am. I used to wake up at the drop of a pin when the children were at home.

Am currently reading "Our hidden lives" which are diaries of people who wrote during and after the war about ordinary things that happened in the lives. The book covers the post war period. It makes interesting reading. Some of it is very funny but there is still a lot of rationing going on and think some people found it hard going because it carried on for such a long time. I think sweet rationing carried on until 1953 - will have to check.

Our photographic assignment this week is people so OH wil have to be the model again although I have bought the tripod so maybe I can do a bit of self portraiture.

No comments: