Wednesday, December 31, 2008

day366

Prompt 366 - Our Final Day

My Way

"And now, the end is near;
And so I face the final curtain.
My friend, Ill say it clear,
Ill state my case, of which Im certain.

Ive lived a life thats full.
Ive traveled each and evry highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, Ive had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course;
Each careful step along the byway,
But more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Yes, there were times,
Im sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew.
But through it all,
when there was doubt,
I ate it up and spit it out.
I faced it all and I stood tall;
And did it my way.

Ive loved, Ive laughed and cried.
Ive had my fill; my share of losing.
And now, as tears subside,
I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that;
And may I say - not in a shy way,
No, oh no not me,
I did it my way.

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels;
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows -
And did it my way!"

- Frank Sinatra


Well what a year - never thought I would actually take 366 self portraits. But I did. Also apart from 1 day I took the photo on the actual day. I didn't always stick to the prompts - the brain not always in gear but I did do a photo. I have also managed to complete the 52 LO's and even done 1 or 2 more when I thought fit. I can't say the photography has improved at all other than I can now photograph myself at arm's length pretty accurately!

The year definitely has had it's ups and downs. The first 3 months we were in Switzerland but we are now firmly back in the UK. We have failed to sell our house on the IOW - definitely the wrong time to try that. The loss of my father in September was definitely a down time. On a positive note though we are expecting the patter of tiny feet very soon - grandchild no 7 is due in just a few days.

Weight wise I have come in at 1/4lb less than when I started the year. Well I didn't gain any. I did lose a bit more during the year but I have put it all on again over Christmas. Too much Christmas pud and chocolates.

Best of all I have met and chatted to a great group of people. I hope we can continue to meet and chat in the years to come.


5 comments:

Shirley said...

Barbara, well done on keeping to a self portrait everyday.
You have covered many angles and scenarios. It has been really lovely to go through the year with you and I remember all those beautiful water fountain photos you put on your blog whilst you were in Zurich.

So sad that you lost your Dad this year but lovely to read that you are expecting the patter of tiny feet at any moment now with grandchild number 7 due.

I hope that we will definately be chatting for a long time to come.
XXX

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your blog all yesr Barbara - it's been great to read. And well done on the photos every day , that's really good! Wishing you all the best for 2009.

Lynne said...

I too have enjoyed reading your blog
I am so pleased to have met you IRL and hope we continue the friendship started this year xxx

Mary B said...

lovely Barbara and I am sure we will continue to be together through 2009

Summer Sunflower said...

Barbara it has been a pleasure to read your blog, (still not managed that one!) and also to meet you in person. I hope this year has more ups than downs for you. Will be lovely to stay in touch. All the best for 2009