Have been away for a long weekend and it was a little bit of luxury. Went back to Bremen for the Freimarkt which takes place every year. It is a sort of October beer fest for some, for others it is a huge huge fair with loads of rides - better than alton towers and not much queueing. It was a chance for us to meet up with old friends.
We stayed at the Hilton on Fri and Sat and I enjoyed all the potions and lotions and managed 3 swims and a sauna. Also enjoyed the icemaker and the shoe cleaning machine in the hall. Did manage to avoid the minibar although it was a temptation filled as it was with drinks and chocolate bars etc.
The breakfast buffet was magnificent. I had freshfruit salad with fresh pineapple, melons etc and then scrambled egg, bacon, tomato and mushrooms followed by fruit bread with coffee and fruit juice.
We managed to get to our favourite restaurant one evening and had fahjitas and strawberry cocktails. The following evening we ate round the fair - big pork steak in a bun, Mushrooms in garlic sauce and huge marshmallow things (after eight flavour) followed by icecream.
Also went for a long walk to the burger park. The leaves were beautiful. We visited our old flat. Still our name on the door and postbox so haven't rented it out again.
Had a little disaster Thursday night. When I arrived I was met by a friend but it turned out I wasn't in the hotel I thought I was. Apparently there are 2 in the town in the same chain. However in actual fact it was better as I was close to the railway station so able to meet OH the next day without having to worry about tram tickets.
No comments:
Post a Comment