Thursday, May 14, 2009

cake making

Don't think I'll take cake baking up as a career after today's disaster. Tried a new recipe - as you do - and it rose so much it came out of the tin and down the sides. If I ever make another which I seriously doubt then I will use a bit less mixture and make the greaseproof paper sides taller!

Anyway I turned it out and let it cool and then cut bits off and cut it in half. I sandwiched it back together with jam and buttercream to try and make it even and then covered it all over with fondant icing. After it has dried I shall try and do something to titivate it a bit. Not quite sure how yet but think it will involve a train and tracks.

Think in future I will stick to scrapbooking. Should have made DH a minibook and bought a cake!

6 comments:

Mary B said...

Barbara that is great the whole thing together looks perfect and will taste delicious I bet. Look forward to seeing it in all it decorated glory

Lynne said...

Barbara this looks brilliant, well done in turning a mini disaster into a success! xx

knitkath said...

Cake is looking good, don't forget to show us it all decorated.
And your tags are lovely!

Shirley said...

It's turned out really well Barbara, well done on the rescue mission.
X

Minty Magic said...

Wow looking at the top photo - it is amazing how brilliant the final cake looks. Well done you!!!!

Summer Sunflower said...

Great rescue, brilliant,are you taking orders!!!